We are here are as a resource for you, to help you get through this difficult time!
Together we are better!
We are here to support you and help you in anyway we can during this unprecedented time. We set out on a mission to engage, connect and grow a strong business community and that is what we intend to do. We are will be reaching out to each and everyone of you to check-in. Who’s open? Who’s closed? What are you in need of? What questions do you have? We want to make sure that we are all still together when this passes.
You can now get more information and apply for the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Federal Disaster Loans for Business, Homeowners, Private Nonprofits, and Renters. Go to disasterloan.sba.gov/ela
In addition to SBA here is the links to our local city specific resource pages:
And Lets not forget to support our local companies during this time! Visit our Support Locals page to submit information about your business and see what other businesses are doing! TheChamberCollective.com/support-local/
Latest COVID-19 News
Small businesses are the bread and butter of our community. Locally, and nationally, they are some of the hardest…
For Edward Jones financial advisors, passage of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act has been a…
Small businesses are the heart and soul of our economy and our communities.
We had the privilege of being able to pose some of these questions regarding business insurance to our friends…
Through the CARES Act the Federal Government has set aside nearly $350 Billion for Small Businesses across the country,…
Through all this uncertainty we are learning of more and more businesses stepping up to help the greater good….
Dear Chamber Members, We are going to continue working on your behalf in both our community and while working...
Tacoma-Pierce County Businesses — The Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber of Commerce and the Economic Development Board for Tacoma-Pierce County are...
We have been receiving a lot of questions and concerns about Chamber Events and we wanted to take a…
The coronavirus does not pose any risk to blood donors, either during the donation process or from attending organized…
You’ve seen it on the news non-stop. It is probably a topic of discussion at home and work. Your...
Some more resources available…
- For employers looking for support in the form of unemployment information for their workforce we reccomend checking out the Washington State Employment Security Department (ESD). The ESD can provide help to those employers wanting to retain highly-trained employees. Unemployment benefits can be received through, or while covered by, Partial Unemployment, Shared Work, and Standby (which allow certain workers to collect unemployment while remaining with their employers and not actively seeking other jobs). esd.wa.gov/newsroom/covid-19
Check-out this handy guide to see the differences: ESD COVID-19 Scenarios
- Our local Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department is offering a variety of tips and information at tpcdhd.org/coronavirus. In addition to that they are also offering tips on how to be best prepare for COVID-19 in your company.
- The Washington State Department of Health offers resources at doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Coronavirus
- The Association of Washington Business offers COVID-19 Resources for Employers at awb.org/covid-19-resources/
- You can find more information about Washington State’s Paid Sick Leave Law (from L & I) here: lni.wa.gov/workers-rights/leave/paid-sick-leave
We have made the tough decision to cancel all further Chamber Activities until further notice. We love getting everyone together and seeing the amazing connections you make, however at this time your health and the health of our community members is of paramount importance. We look forward to the day that we can all be together again!
As a reminder the Chamber office is closed; however, we are still available by phone and email. The office number (424) 262-3703 is forwarded directly to your Executive Director, Guy’s cell phone.
Relief for businesses due to the impact of COVID-19: If you are experiencing a loss of any kind, complete the Estimated Disaster Economic Injury Worksheet for Business.
The Governor’s Office has compiled this partial list of resources to support economic retention and recovery related to COVID-19 coronavirus:
COVID-19 resource list for impacted Washington businesses and workers
Comcast is implementing new policies for the next 60 days, including eliminating disconnects & late fees for those experiencing financial impacts, and pausing their data plan to accommodate so many people working and educating from home. corporate.comcast.com/covid-19
Sound Family Medicine has put together a resource page you! https://www.soundfamilymedicine.com/new-patients/advisory-page-covid-19-coronavirus/
U.S. Chamber of Commerce offers a variety of business resources at uschamber.com/coronavirus
Here are links to the dedicated COVID-19 web pages for the following organizations: